TransActual UK was founded by a group of British trans people in 2017 as a response to increasing press hostility, transphobia and misinformation. We are run by the trans community, with the trans community, for the trans community.
In June 2020 we expanded our scope and remit to:
• Share reliable information about trans people’s lives and about trans rights in the UK, as well as dispelling common myths
• Amplify the voices of trans people so that the wider world may hear the experiences of a wide range of trans men, trans women and non-binary people
• Educate people about trans people’s lives and the issues we face
• Advocate for trans people
• Empower trans people to bring about change in their lives and in the community